On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:15:56 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> > There is a file that is executed by default at login, I think it
> > is .autorun. I remember having to add an option to ignore it on the
> > LXFDVDs because we use .autorun on those to launch a browser.
>
> I had a poke around and didn't get anywhere with .autorun, but
> eventually I found that SysRescCD uses zsh, not bash. It hadn't
> occurred to me until then to consider the shell. So that's why the
> auto-login function wasn't behaving the way I expected.

I don't think it's down to the shell, sysresccd includes bash too AFAIR.
It's more likely due to me giving your duff information, the file is
autorun not .autorun. If you press the help keys at the boot menu, you
will eventually find an explanation of how it works, around F5 I think.

Aha, just found the proper documentation for it
http://www.sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-manual-en_Run_your_own_scripts_with_autorun

--
Neil Bothwick

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.