Am Sonntag, 29.06.2014 um 19:12
schrieb Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com>:

> waben...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 29.06.2014 um 16:26
> > schrieb Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com>:

> >> Just a FYI.  I have in the past asked questions about Windoze XP on
> >> this very list.  Why, I'm not joining a windoze mailing list for
> >> just one question and I know a lot of people on this list know
> >> about windoze as well.  I have seen other topics raised on this
> >> list before.  It's not often but it does happen.  I see Gentoo
> >> threads that don't interest me at all and I just mark them as read
> >> and move right along but I don't tell folks that I don't want to
> >> see them.  I could start with systemd. If I see systemd in the
> >> subject, I mark it read and move right along usually without
> >> reading even the first post. Why, I don't use systemd so I am
> >> certainly not interested in it.  There are other threads that I do
> >> the same thing with.
> > That's right. But all examples you've mentioned are computer related
> > topics and maybe useful for anyone on this list.
> >

> But windoze is not Gentoo.  If I knew that several people would help
> me with a car issue because at some point several mentioned they have
> or had that car, I'd ask a car question if it was basically a once or
> twice thing or at least rare.
>
> This isn't the first time a topic has started or ended up being not
> related to Gentoo or even computers.

You are really tenacious. :-) It seems that I should lower my
expectations regarding what's on-topic and what's not. Lets say, every
topic is fine as long as the poster asks a question about a technical
problem he has and as long as the topic has nothing to do with weapons.
Is that definition ok for you?

But I'm merely a regular member of this ML and this is just my personal
opinion, so never mind me. Talk about what you want, e.g. (historical)
Tanks, (historical) Submarines, (historical) H-Bombs...

Sorry for this tinge of sarcasm. ;-)

Maybe we should finish the discussion here because it is getting
off-topic more and more. :-)