On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 12:42 PM, Douglas J Hunley
<doug.hun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 5:05 AM, Alexander Kapshuk
> <alexander.kaps...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Which NTPd package would the list recommend using, ntp, openntpd, or
>> some other package?
>>
>> openntpd seems to be easier to set up according to wiki.gentoo.org.
>>
>> The list's advice would be much appreciated.
>

> This is going to be very unpopular with the list, but if you've already
> jumped to the systemd camp, it has one built in...

Anybody have a decent comparison of timedated vs ntpd or anything else
for that matter?

Running ntpd isn't hard at all, so I'm not really sure why I'd want to
switch.  At the very least I'd want to ensure that the replacement
covers the basics.

I am running networkd and I'm very happy with it.  Setting it up for
dhcp-only is brain-dead simple, and I have it serving up a bridge for
containers/kvm with fairly little trouble as well.

Rich