On 14/08/2014 18:09, Mike Gilbert wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Сергей <protsero...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have looked at dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r4 and
>> dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r5 ebuilds and compared them.
>> dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r5 has PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" (r4 had no
>> PYTHON_TARGETS) and now python-updater doesn't rebuild libgamin. Seems
>> like now everything is ok and it was only a portage bug.
>>

> It is actually a bug with python-updater. However, we have no plans to
> fix it; instead, the problem will be resolved once all python-based
> ebuilds are migrated to python-r1.eclass and therefore utilize
> PYTHON_TARGETS.
>
> At that point, python-updater will become obsolete and you will no
> longer need to run it.

Um, yeah.

That's what they said about revdep-rebuild when @preserved-rebuild hit.
And then again when sub-slots hit. But revdep-rebuild to this day still
catches things both of those solutions missed.

In Gentoo-land I have learned to be extremely wary of any statement like
"old xyz tool is no longer necessary" :-)

It seems like the 98%-2% rule is still very much in play

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com