Not so long ago I was mrpropered my /home. You situation is much
harder but... There is exist utility sys-fs/extundelete and if you
have ~500-600mb of unparted
disk space(and of course your /<removed usr> is ext fs), you can
create new /usr there, unpack stage3's /usr to /<newusr>, chroot,
emerge extundelete, and try to restore all your data. But for my
experience it restored ~20-30%, may be you'll be more lucky.

--
Regards,
Nikita