On 12/15/14 18:17, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
  On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Joseph <[1]syscon...@gmail.com> wrote:

  On 12/15/14 09:19, Neil Bothwick wrote:

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 22:37:58 -0700, Joseph wrote:

    I have a USB stick with FAT32 file system, but when I insert the
    disk
    it is not mounting on my desktop. No icon is showing up, why?

    Which desktop are you using? Does it have an auto-mounter installed
    by
    default?
    --
    Neil Bothwick
    Top Oxymorons Number 18: Taped live

    I'm using XFCE4 and everytime I insert a USB with FAT or ext2/3/4
    the icon pops up on a desktop but I mount them manually.Â
    --
    Joseph

  I remember asking on this list for instructions on how to auto-mount
  removable drives some time ago as well.
  Here's a copy of the rely I got. Hope this helps.