Hi folks,

I've been using chromium successfully on my ~x86 system for quite a
long time, but starting with the last two updates that came in during
the last few days (namely, chromium-40.0.2214.85 and
chromium-40.0.2214.91), I started having problems.

Both of these versions build just fine, but upon trying to launch
them, the browser's interface comes up just fine, but will only
display a "Something went wrong..." page. I can try typing in and
accessing URLs, but all I will ever get is this error page.

That's not all, though, I also get to see error messages, namely the
following in my terminal:

../../sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**:seccomp-bpf
failure in syscall 0265

And this here in dmesg:

chrome[5274]: segfault at e806109 ip b5c5c945 sp ac280980 error 6 in
chrome[b1864000+5eed000]

Great, I thought, something wrong with the sandbox stuff. So I tried
to launch chromium without it ("chromium --no-sandbox"), and indeed:
The browser works absolutely fine this way - I get none of the
problems or messages mentioned above.

Of course, I tried to find a related entry in both the Gentoo as well
as the chromium bug trackers, but I couldn't find anything in either.
I'm a bit reluctand to report my own bug as I wouldn't be 100% sure
that I'm not causing the problem (after all, I'm building my chromium
with USE=custom-cflags, which is not officially supported, but has
always produced nicely working builds for me in the past), so I
thought I'd ask here first if I'm the only one observing this
behavior.

The question, thus, would probably be: Anyone using one of the recent
chromium-40 versions on ~x86 or anywhere else and seeing something
similar? Or probably someone who has experienced something like that
before and could offer a guess what might be wrong here - a real bug,
custom-cflags, or something entirely different?

Thank all of you in advance!

Greetings,
Nils