On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 02:01:11 +0100, waben...@gmail.com wrote:

> > It's got nothing to do with the init system used. That message tells
> > you what to do to try to mount the NFS shares when you boot, but
> > unless you have suitable mount options or kernel config, that attempt
> > will fail.
>
> Maybe I don't exactly understand what you are trying to tell me because
> of my lousy English.
>
> Of course you also need the right mount options and kernel config. But
> since nfsmount doesn't exist anymore, the "rpc stuff" isn't started by
> the OpenRC init system until you add nfsclient to the right runlevel.

The problem is that the mount command fails g=however you run it, from
either init system or from a shell. It fails with "invalid mount options"
because it now defaults to NFS V4.2 even if it is not enabled in
the kernel. You need to either enable 4.2 or specifically set nfsver=4 to
work around this.

--
Neil Bothwick

 (Albert Einstein)