On Monday 02 Mar 2015 22:13:05 Petric Frank wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Montag, 2. März 2015, 21:01:48 schrieb Mick:

> The homepage on vpnc in chapter TODO tells:
>   "phase2-rekeying is now supported as of svn revision 126!"
>
> Changelog states for 0.5.2:
>   "Fix Phase 2 rekeying, by various authors"
>
> I don't know whether this is along your statement above.
>
> So it seems not to be completely fixed. The homepage is not updated the
> last 7 years.

OK, then yes, it has been fixed and your problem is not related to that old
bug, but could it be a more recent regression?

> > BTW, have you tried more actively developed VPN software like strongswan
> > (it has a networkmanager plugin) or even ipsec-tools instead of vpnc, to
> > see if you're getting the same problem?  I think that they should work
> > with Cisco VPN gateways, although it may be fiddly to set them up.
>
> i can find only ebuilds of (networkmanager-)openswan in the official tree.

No, this only good for the SSL VPN solution of Cisco.

> strongswan is in the stable tree but not the networkmanager plugin.

Are you sure?  This is what I see here for strongswan-5.2.2

[+caps +constraints curl debug dhcp eap farp gcrypt +gmp ldap mysql
networkmanager
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+non-root +openssl pam pkcs11 sqlite strongswan_plugins_blowfish
strongswan_plugins_ccm strongswan_plugins_ctr strongswan_plugins_gcm
strongswan_plugins_ha strongswan_plugins_ipseckey +strongswan_plugins_led
+strongswan_plugins_lookip strongswan_plugins_ntru strongswan_plugins_padlock
strongswan_plugins_rdrand +strongswan_plugins_systime-fix
strongswan_plugins_unbound +strongswan_plugins_unity +strongswan_plugins_vici
strongswan_plugins_whitelist]

The latest version 5.2.2 has a bug with some IKEv1 implementations.  There is
a patch proposed which works and will be included in the next version 5.2.3
when released.  If your VPN server is affected then you'll have to apply the
patch yourself in a local overlay:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vpnc/+bug/479632

--
Regards,