Hello Mick,

Am Dienstag, 3. März 2015, 00:00:17 schrieb Mick:
> > The homepage on vpnc in chapter TODO tells:
> >   "phase2-rekeying is now supported as of svn revision 126!"
> >
> > Changelog states for 0.5.2:
> >   "Fix Phase 2 rekeying, by various authors"
> >
> > I don't know whether this is along your statement above.
> >
> > So it seems not to be completely fixed. The homepage is not updated the
> > last 7 years.
>
> OK, then yes, it has been fixed and your problem is not related to that old
> bug, but could it be a more recent regression?

maybe.

> > > BTW, have you tried more actively developed VPN software like
> > > strongswan (it has a networkmanager plugin) or even ipsec-tools
> > > instead of vpnc, to see if you're getting the same problem?  I think
> > > that they should work with Cisco VPN gateways, although it may be
> > > fiddly to set them up.
> >
> > i can find only ebuilds of (networkmanager-)openswan in the official
> > tree.
>
> No, this only good for the SSL VPN solution of Cisco.

good to know.

> > strongswan is in the stable tree but not the networkmanager plugin.
>
> Are you sure?  This is what I see here for strongswan-5.2.2
>
> [+caps +constraints curl debug dhcp eap farp gcrypt +gmp ldap mysql
> networkmanager
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> +non-root +openssl pam pkcs11 sqlite strongswan_plugins_blowfish
> strongswan_plugins_ccm strongswan_plugins_ctr strongswan_plugins_gcm
> strongswan_plugins_ha strongswan_plugins_ipseckey +strongswan_plugins_led
> +strongswan_plugins_lookip strongswan_plugins_ntru
> strongswan_plugins_padlock strongswan_plugins_rdrand
> +strongswan_plugins_systime-fix
> strongswan_plugins_unbound +strongswan_plugins_unity
> +strongswan_plugins_vici strongswan_plugins_whitelist]

True, strongswan is in tree, but not networkmanager-strongswan (NetworkManager
plugin).

> The latest version 5.2.2 has a bug with some IKEv1 implementations.  There
> is a patch proposed which works and will be included in the next version
> 5.2.3 when released.  If your VPN server is affected then you'll have to
> apply the patch yourself in a local overlay:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vpnc/+bug/479632

Stable strongswan is already compiled and installed on my system. Any of the
"strongswan_plugins_*" use flags i have to enable here ?

But it could take some days (because of my business job).

regards
  Petric