On Tue, May 19 2015, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> On Tuesday 19 May 2015 10:53:26 Rich Freeman wrote:
>> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 10:44 AM, Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> > Incidentally, what's the received wisdom on frequency of file-system
>> > trimming on SSDs these days? I've seen values quoted between twice a day
>> > and once a week. And how does trimming affect btrfs?

I included "discard" in fstab for my ssd filesystems, presumably
following some installation guide.  For example I have

  /dev/sda5         /         ext4    noatime,discard   0 1
  /dev/vg/local     /local    ext4    noatime,discard   0 2

Is it preferred to instead issue explicit trim's via cron?

thanks,
allan