Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> So, how does one change the bottom margin to say 1/2 or even 3/4 inch or
> something?  Is there a way?

Use to be (decades ago) it was in lp or lpr filter files.

Now (at least my experiences) is that each app (particularly if it is
a gui based app) has it's own method. Some retain settings other do not;
ymmv.

For cups settings, I google for margin ideas for printers.conf.

PS, copy out your config files in /etc/cups/ so when cups hammers them
in the future, you have working backup copies....

sorry I could not help more...
I'd be most curious to learn of a universal method nowadays,
particularly one that works on ascii, text and such printed via
lp.

James