On 07/06/2015 06:40 PM, walt wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 19:41:07 -0500
> Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> walt wrote:

>>> cups, bah!  Every time cups is updated my printer 'breaks'.  From
>>> painful years of experience I now know to 'delete' whatever
>>> printer/fax devices cups knows about and use hp-setup (not cups) to
>>> recreate them.
>>>
>>> By 'delete' I'm referring to the cups interface I access by visiting
>>> localhost:631 in a web browser.  Is that the cups interface you're
>>> using?
>>>

>> It used to do the same with me but that stopped a long time ago.
>
> Dale, did you try it *this* time?  If not, please try the
> same-ole-same-ole tired remedy just one more time.  The price is
> right :)

Have you tried lpadmin?

I seem to recall my old printer I had this problem and was able to use:

`lpadmin -o page-bottom-default=36 -o page-top-default=36`

That set a system-wide default. IIRC it's set by dpi, but it's been a
while. Might have to experiment to see if it still works.

To see options you can use `lpoptions -l`

My new printer uses foomatic drivers and it works properly without
messing around with options to set the margins.

If that doesn't help then I don't have a clue...

There should be man pages for both lpadmin and lpoptions.

Dan