James wrote:
> Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> So, how does one change the bottom margin to say 1/2 or even 3/4 inch or
>> something?  Is there a way?
> Use to be (decades ago) it was in lp or lpr filter files.
>
> Now (at least my experiences) is that each app (particularly if it is
> a gui based app) has it's own method. Some retain settings other do not;
> ymmv.
>

> For cups settings, I google for margin ideas for printers.conf.
>

> PS, copy out your config files in /etc/cups/ so when cups hammers them
> in the future, you have working backup copies....
>

> sorry I could not help more...
> I'd be most curious to learn of a universal method nowadays,
> particularly one that works on ascii, text and such printed via
> lp.
>

> James

I googled before posting this and I found pretty much what you are
describing.  I found some really old posts but given how much things
have changed, I doubt those would still apply.  The closest I found was
to edit the ppd file itself.  Given the age of that match, I'm worried
even that may not work or only work in applications I'm not using
anyway.  I have no idea how much that may have changed especially given
how much cups has changed the user interface.

I'm hoping someone has a idea on this tho.  It's annoying as heck to
print something and not be able to read the parts that are needed.  By
the way, I'm wanting to do this in Seamonkey and Firefox.  Well, so far
anyway.

I may end up printing them to a PDF file then printing them from that.
Maybe that will give me some room at the bottom.  Pain in the rear tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)