Am Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:06:10 -0400
schrieb "Walter Dnes" <waltd...@waltdnes.org>:

>   I went to the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) yesterday and
> indulged in a buying spree of 18 CD sets of my fave music (basically
> anything pop/rock/country pre-Beatles).  I now have over 20 CDs that I
> want to rip to flac eventually.  I dread the gruntwork in renaming
> tracks like track01.cdda.wav, etc.  What Gentoo ebuilds are there for
> stuff that'll get ahold of track titles?  Is it in the form of metadata
> on the CD?

I use a combination of cdda2wav (from cdrtools) and split2flac.  I wrap them
together in a small shell script [0].  It's not perfect, namely titles generated
by cdda2wav can be wrong when the title there are double quotes in them, but
other than that it has worked very well for me.

[0] https://github.com/marcecj/mjoliet-progs/blob/master/rips.sh

--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup