On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 01:37:42PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote

> BTW: I recommend to add: speed=4 paraopts=proof and if your drive supports
> C2 errors, it may be a good idea to use:
>
>       speed=4 paraopts=proof,c2check
>
> as add-on.

  How do I know that the drive goes as low as 4?  "eject -X /dev/sr0"
and "eject -X /dev/sr1" both report 48 with no indication of the minimum
speed.  Here's the contents of my /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info

CD-ROM information, Id: cdrom.c 3.20 2003/12/17

drive name:             sr1     sr0
drive speed:            48      48
drive # of slots:       1       1
Can close tray:         1       1
Can open tray:          1       1
Can lock tray:          1       1
Can change speed:       1       1
Can select disk:        0       0
Can read multisession:  1       1
Can read MCN:           1       1
Reports media changed:  1       1
Can play audio:         1       1
Can write CD-R:         1       1
Can write CD-RW:        1       1
Can read DVD:           1       1
Can write DVD-R:        1       0
Can write DVD-RAM:      0       0
Can read MRW:           1       1
Can write MRW:          1       1
Can write RAM:          1       1

> The reason why cdda2wav uses systematic file names is to allow easy
> copying with cdrecord (by using cdrecord *.wav). If there is a demand
> on title based filenames, I could add this feature.

  Title-artist-based filenames are harder than it looks.  I'm working on
a bash script to generate title_-_artist.flac filenames from
audio_nn.inf data.  Then I'll pass that name to flac's "-o" parameter.
I've already run into one CD who's .inf file format is...

Performer=      'Various Artists'
Tracktitle=     'Johnny Cash / I Walk The Line'

...while another CD has .inf data like...

Performer=      'Glenn Miller'
Tracktitle=     'In the mood'

  The script can select 2 branches depending on whether or not there's a
"/" in Tracktitle, but I'm sure there are probably other variants out
there.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>