On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 10:27 AM, J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:

> Actually, there are several large corporations that use RDP-like technologies.
> Although those are called "VDI" and usually use XenDesktop on the server side
> and "icaclient" on the client.
> Runs through HTTPS and apart from keyloggers and screenloggers, there is not
> much that can be done.
> Using 2-factor authentication (RSA-type keys or similar) they're pretty
> secure.

Yeah, I would agree with that.  I've set up a few thin client citrix
boxes ages ago.  These days I'd say the web is the bigger trend, and I
agree that 2-factor can greatly reduce the impact of keylogging.  One
of the nice things with one of the SaaS applications we're using at
work is that if we're having connection issues I can just wake up my
console on my home PC next to my VPN'ed laptop and see if the
application is accessible with a complete different route (suffice it
to say I sometimes dread using the office LAN for this reason - I've
seen file transfers go faster over the VPN than the local WiFi).

But, if you're still stuck with win32 applications Citrix is certainly
a solution.  I was thinking it might take over the corporate desktop
until everything started moving more towards the web.

--
Rich