Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:

> James, the guidance has already been given.  Can you please grep for systemd
> ALL of your /etc/portage?  There seems to be a USE flag set somewhere and
this
> is what is pulling in dbus *with* systemd.

YES. I forgot Neil had told me to periodically remove this file::

/etc/portage/package.use/zzz-autounmask

and I cleaned out package.unmask from autounmask that
inserted systemd flag requirements.

 emerge -uDvtp @world
shows just a few updates needed but nothing pulling in systemd. What I'm
missing is why the "-systemd" setting in make.conf did not overrule
these missteps?   Is there way to set something, anything anywhere
what no packages with require systemd can be installed. I never contiously
overrode that concern. It is my overwhelming concern. NO systemd.
All else is optional. Where's that setting?

James