Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> waben...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Alan Grimes <alonz...@verizon.net> wrote:

> >> The last good version of KDE was 3.5.x... then the flood came...
> >> (Qt 4) and all the developer started having Ideas about things
> >> that could go into the new version....
> > Also IMHO KDE 3.5 was the best (K)DE. :-)
> >
> > But I can't envisage that KDE will ever reach that quality again.
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > wabe
> >

> You two just said a mouth full and I agree.  That last part of KDE3
> was some good stuff.  To this day, I still can't get my desktop slide
> show to *not* be random.  I filed a bug way back when KDE3 forced
> folks to move to KDE4.  I can see how making it random may require
> some work but disabling it shouldn't take to much work.  Just beat
> the random thing until it dies.  lol
>
> That's just one thing tho.  KDE3 was much faster in my opinion.

What I miss most of all is the fantastic konqueror. It was way better
than any other filemanager that I know. Of course I've tested the KDE4
konqueror and also dolphin but it was horrible compared to the old
konqueror. Now I'm using thunar. It's far away from being perfect, but
it seems to be the lesser of the evils. ;-)

--
Regards
wabe