Neil Bothwick wrote:

>>> sudo konqueror works here.
>> This works here as a desktop shortcut.
>>
>> kfmclient openProfile filemanagement
> How does that run it as root?

When I click it, it asks for the root password and after that, it runs
as root just like the old KDE3 did.  It's actually how it worked in KDE3
since I stole it from there.

>> Never cared much for sudo either.
> If you want to run things as root, it's the obvious choice. Even more so
> if you want to run some things as root without a password prompt
> (although doing that with a file manager s not a wise move).

I've tried sudo and just don't like it.  Same as I don't like Gnome
either.  It just isn't something I cared for.  Besides, I don't mind
typing in the root password.

Dale

:-)  :-)