J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:

> On April 28, 2016 12:48:36 AM GMT+02:00, "Max R.D. Parmer" <m...@trystero.is>
> wrote:

> >client has
> >install another
> >blog post.
> >>
> >> I really want to read this.
> >>
> >> Stroller.
> >>

> >I would also be interested (if it helps to know you'd have an
> >audience).
> >
> >I've been looking at freeswitch and asterisk for an OSTN
> >implementation.
> >At a glance, freeswitch seemed like it might be the better design (but
> >surely experience tells the real story). I'll give kamailio a look now
> >too.
> >
> >--
> >0x7D964D3361142ACF
>
> Same here. Would love to read this.
>
> I ended up getting an appliance, rather than building it myself due to time
> and cost constraints.
>
> But for a different location I am thinking of doing it myself. And from the
> description, Freeswitch sounds nice.

I use freeswitch here all the time as my home pbx and it does things
asterisk either cannot do, or only with great difficulty.  I can even
put c# code in it using mono and a lot of times the xml is insufficient
and this is where this comes in handy.  There is a mailing list, so you
can ask questions as well.  Its one strength and also weakness is there
are a lot of variables, some of which are poorly documented, and some
not documented at all.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici