Michael Mol <mikemol <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Bah. So you guys aren't going to let me get away with trash-talking without
> some accountability of details. OK. I'll let you know when I've written up
> something; I've already emailed one person a handful of my complaints in
> bullet form. But that'd need to get more properly fleshed out before I
> drop it somewhere more archival in nature.

Like I said, it's GOOD to have you back, brah.....

> I use freeswitch here all the time as my home pbx and it does things
> asterisk either cannot do, or only with great difficulty.  I can even
> put c# code in it using mono and a lot of times the xml is insufficient
> and this is where this comes in handy.  There is a mailing list, so you
> can ask questions as well.  Its one strength and also weakness is there
> are a lot of variables, some of which are poorly documented, and some
> not documented at all.

Perhaps we need some code help, to join our team. Sinced MM has deep
experience with shrot comings and other like what works form them, do
we have a quorum?

YES, methinks....

Perhaps someone familiar with the ebuild, could ask the ebuild creator to
update to the latest version? Perhaps a gentoo dev will put it
into a github for closer inspection? Perhaps a lead coder will emerge
to help us along the way?

Me, the real-time (low latency) needs of all things voice and video
on a gentoo clusters make these sorts of codes very useful to test
gentoo cluster configurations and flesh out kernel optimization issues.
Since they support arm64v8 this is actually a very enticing venture to
put this on arm64 too and see just how many threads and just how fast it
will run.

Count me in, too.

James