wabe <waben...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the logfile you can see that I'm using a kernel parameter
> "radeon.dpm=1". Without this parameter I had performance problems
> with my GPU in the past.

I should give some explanation about this parameter.
It enables an older power management mechanism in the kernel that
gives better performance with my GPU than the newer one.

With radeon.dpm=1 I can use a script in /etc/local.d/ that contains
this line:

echo "performance" > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_state

Positive effect is, that desktop/window operations and also video
playback are much smoother.
Negative side effect is, that the power consumption of my GPU and
also its temperature is a bit higher than with the default settings.

If I don't use radeon.dpm=1 it is also possible to manually set
a GPU scheduler:

echo "profile" > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_method
echo "high" > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_profile

But as I already mentioned, performance isn't as good as with the
older power management.

However I checked this out many months ago. Maybe it isn't relevant
anymore.

--
Regards
wabe