Behrouz Khosravi <bz.khosr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone. Mpv has horizontal screen tearing(not very serious
> though) while playing video while
>
> mplayer does not. I have tried some configs which I found on the net
> but nothing removes this issue.
>
> Mpv docs even says that tearing problems are probably not related to
> software but driver and such, but
>
> it seems that this is mpv's problem. any idea about how to solve this
> issue? Thanks.

You could test different video output drivers and also hardware decoding.
If you use deinterlace you can also try to tune it's values.

This my mpv config file:

vo=vdpau:deint=-3,opengl-hq:scale=spline36,xv
hwdec=vdpau
audio-device='alsa/iec958:CARD=SB,DEV=0'
audio-channels=auto

P.S.: Sorry for the many replies. I better should turn on my mind
before posting.

--
Regards
wabe