Kai Krakow wrote:
> Am Sun, 19 Mar 2017 06:27:15 -0500
> schrieb Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com>:
>

> Here is mine:
>
> root@fireball / # uname -r
> 4.5.2-gentoo
> root@fireball / #
>
> As far as I know, I use bash.  If you are talking about what I think
> you are talking about.
> Yes, that's what I was talking about.
>
> Run ps, it should tell you the processes running in your current shell,
> including the shell itself:
>
> # ps
>   PID TTY          TIME CMD
>  1256 pts/2    00:00:00 ps
> 32059 pts/2    00:00:00 bash
>
> And you can see your default shell this way:
>
> # realpath /bin/sh
> /bin/dash
>
> Yes, dash for me, because it spawns much faster than bash, at least
> when running scripts. This can make a big difference with openrc.
> Meanwhile, I'm using systemd.

root@fireball / # ps | grep bash
 8515 pts/0    00:00:00 bash
root@fireball / # realpath /bin/sh
/bin/bash
root@fireball / #

Looks like bash for me.

>> [IP-] [  ] app-shells/bash-4.3_p48-r1:0
> Here, too:
>
> # equery list bash
> [IP-] [  ] app-shells/bash-4.3_p48-r1:0
>
>> Given the age of your kernel, maybe it is above that level anyway.  I
>> don't update my kernel often either.
>>
>> I'm going to be watching this thread tho.  If I can share info which
>> may help narrow things down, I'll do that for sure.
> The problem is that this bug is totally non-deterministic... It fails
> once, next try it works as it should.
>
> If you can work out a way to reliably reproduce this bug, let me know.
> Then I'll try to work out what the problem is.

I think our other Alan posted a way to reproduce it.  I see you replied
so maybe his post will help and I'll read your reply next.  Maybe if we
share enough between several of us, we can at least rule out some stuff
and narrow it down a bit.

Dale

:-)  :-)