Am Montag, 10. Juli 2017, 12:21:25 CEST schrieb Mick:
> On Sunday 09 Jul 2017 19:33:28 Alan Grimes wrote:
> > Hey, I'm having some pretty dire FAIL issues with respect to a small but
> > critical collection of packages...
> >
> > tortoise portage # tree -L 2
> > .
> > ├── dev-libs
> > │   ├── libcdio-0.94-r1
> > │   └── libcdio-paranoia-0.94_p1-r1
> > ├── media-libs
> > │   └── opencv-3.1.0-r7
> > ├── media-video
> > │   ├── ffmpeg-3.3.2
> > │   ├── mplayer-1.3.0-r1
> > │   ├── transcode-1.1.7-r3
> > │   └── vcdimager-0.7.24
> > ├── net-fs
> > │   └── samba-4.5.11
> > ├── sys-libs
> > │   ├── ldb-1.1.29-r1
> > │   └── tdb-1.3.14
> > └── www-client
> >
> >     └── chromium-60.0.3112.40
>
> Where in your fs did you get this tree from?  Is it showing what you have
> installed, what you want to install, something else?

I think it's fairly obvious that this is supposed to be $PORTAGE_TMPDIR, i.e.,
we're supposed
to be flabbergasted (maybe even shocked!) at all the packages that are failing.

> > The most critical root failure is ffmpeg. It appears to be a gcc
> > incompatibility issue with an asm directive marked volatile... =\
>
> Your *interpretation* of the error is tainted by your incapacity to
> understand it and resolve it.  If you expect others to try to do this on
> your behalf you will need to post the complete error, in unadulterated
> form, as generated by emerge.

I don't think he wants help; at least, I don't *see* any explicit or implicit
requests for help.

> > Looks like I'm going to have to go to 5.4.0... =\
>
> The current stable media-video/ffmpeg is on version 3.2.4.  It compiled and
> installed fine here with these USE flags:
>
>      Installed versions:  3.2.4(21:27:45 02/17/17)(X alsa amr bzip2 encode
> gpl hardcoded-tables iconv librtmp mp3 network opengl opus postproc
> pulseaudio sdl threads truetype vaapi vdpau vorbis vpx x264 xcb xvid zlib
> -altivec -amrenc - armv5te -armv6 -armv6t2 -armvfp -bluray -bs2b -cdio
> -celt -chromaprint - cpudetection -debug -doc -ebur128 -fdk -flite
> -fontconfig -frei0r -fribidi - gcrypt -gme -gmp -gnutls -gsm -iec61883
> -ieee1394 -jack -jpeg2k -kvazaar - ladspa -libass -libcaca -libilbc
> -libsoxr -libv4l -lzma -mipsdspr1 -mipsdspr2 -mipsfpu -mmal -modplug -neon
> -nvenc -openal -openh264 -openssl -oss -pic - rubberband -samba
> -schroedinger -snappy -speex -ssh -static-libs -test -theora -twolame -v4l
> -wavpack -webp -x265 -zimg -zvbi ABI_MIPS="-n32 -n64 -o32" ABI_PPC="-32
> -64" ABI_S390="-32 -64" ABI_X86="32 64 -x32" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse
> sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 -3dnow -3dnowext -aes -avx -avx2 - fma3 -fma4
> -xop" FFTOOLS="aviocat cws2fws ffescape ffeval ffhash fourcc2pixfmt
> graph2dot ismindex pktdumper qt-faststart sidxindex trasher")
>
> You have not provided the output of 'emerge -upNDv media-video/ffmpeg' for
> others to know which version you are trying to install and what may be
> affecting the error you are getting when emerging ffmpeg.  You could also
> attach the output of 'emerge --info media-video/ffmpeg' as a separate file
> for those who may be inclined to delve into the depths of this problem to
> help you.
>
> If you share more relevant information to the problem you are encountering,
> more people may be able to help.  If you are just venting, then that's OK
> for me, although it may annoy others.  I find the titles of your posts
> immensely entertaining.  :-)

That's what I think this is, venting.

(Alan, if you are in fact venting, could you at least mark such posts as OT in
the future,
please?)

Greetings
--