On 24/08/2017 16:50, Dale wrote:
> Mick wrote:
>> On Thursday, 24 August 2017 09:36:43 BST J. Roeleveld wrote:
>>
>>> I can handle HTML emails and won't complain. (As long as they don't set some
>>> idiotic font or background colours)
>> I don't mind messages which contain both formats and let the mail client
>> render the content according to the preferences of the recipient; i.e. a
>> message with:

>> which contains:

>> However, I have found some mail clients, especially Microsoft web based
>> mailers, send a Base64 blob which *only* contains HTML.  I don't like
>> receiving these and depending on the sender I delete them.
>>

>>> But top-posting when replying to emails makes for unnecessary difficult
>>> reading.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Joost
>> Top-posting when the message is a threaded conversation does not help.  Some
>> mobile apps and webmail interfaces make it really difficult to respond
>> inline,
>> so I don't mind being flexible on this matter.
>>
>> PS.  I like this list just as it is.  Plain text and no-top posting - thank
>> you.  :-)
>

> OK.  I'm nosy now.  Can you folks share what email software you are
> using?  Is it GUI based etc?   Stable and doesn't change settings to
> something stupid like Seamonkey/thunderbird just did.
>
> To put it simply, I'm considering switching away from Seamonkey here and
> just may do it.  One thing I'd like tho, being able to transfer my
> emails from Seamonkey to whatever new program I'm using.  When I
> switched from Kmail, I was able to do that, can't recall how now.
>
> Just curious as to my options here.  May as well learn some stuff while
> we on the topic.  ;-)

Thunderbird.

I have no formatting or storage problems as local mail is kept in
dovecot imap folders and every client out there can read them. MUA
incompatibilities just do not happen to me anymore.

I prefer my MUA to be a reader and an editor and a sender and a fetcher.
Never a storer.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com