On 24/08/2017 22:20, J. Roeleveld wrote:
> On Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:35:23 PM CEST Dale wrote:
>> Alan McKinnon wrote:

>>> 4G???? is that all???
>>>
>>> pressed for space much? :-)
>>
>> I don't recall the limits on gmail but I know sometimes, I have to go
>> clean house on the google web mail site itself.  It is supposed to
>> delete after downloading but sometimes it doesn't for some reason.  Who
>> knows.
>
> GMail used to be at 1GB when they started. Already back then that would not
> have been enough for me. My mailstore has been cleaned up occasionally (spam
> and alert-mails being cleaned up regularly):
>
> mailstore1 ~ # du -sh /var/spool/imap/j/user/joost
> 42G     /var/spool/imap/j/user/joost
>
> (This is only my personal email, the email archive of my wife and the shared
> stuff isn't in this)

If I let them, the eejits running the telco where I work would dump that
much mail in my inbox yearly![1] But it's Office 365[2] and they pay, so
I don't care - stupid must feel pain[3]

[1] The eejits all feel so important they HAVE TO announce to the whole
company as a mail every change in every procedure, every new
appointment, every marketing splurb and every event being held. All in
HTML with pictures and shit, and giant sigs. And half the eejit
recipients feel the need to reply to all saying only "Ooooh! shiny!"

[2] Which has still to learn the trick of how to delete all attachments
except the first copy

[3] In this case, I'd be willing to
s/pain/enormous amounts of pain, on shaming youtube video/g

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com