On 12 April 2018 at 15:31, Alexey Eschenko <skobkin...@ya.ru> wrote:
> I'm very surprised because I have GTX 1080 GPU:
>
>> # lspci | fgrep VGA
>> 42:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP104 [GeForce GTX
>> 1080] (rev a1)

This seems to be a bug in the nvida-drivers.eclass file. I have the
same card, and it is NOT going out of support now. If you look at the
link from the ebuild error message, our card is not one of the cards
on any of the "legacy cards" lists. If you search for drivers on
https://www.geforce.com/drivers you will see that this new beta driver
is available for our card.

I'm not sure if this bug is because the eclass checks these cards
against any version higher than 391 and complains, in which case
*everyone* will get the error message, or if something else is going
on, but I feel confident that this driver should work fine for you
(consider that it's a beta driver though).

Arve