Before updating the nvidia driver, you should always check here:
Yes I've checked. That's why I was surprised by Portage build log. I didn't build nvidia-drivers manually for a long time and do not remember where this GPU checks are (ebuild or driver package).

I didn't think that this driver will not work with my GPU. I was confused by the message and wanted to report. If it's ebuild-side problem then must I create an issue in the Bugzilla?