On 2018-11-17, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, 17 November 2018 23:00:22 GMT Grant Edwards wrote:
>> On 2018-11-17, james <gar...@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Actually and AMD Arm (64bit) Ryzen or newer.
>>
>> No, Ryzen is not an Arm processor.

> Well, ... the PSP spy-in-the-die is an ARM core running within the
> main AMD x86 CPU and you can't switch it off, or remove it.

Right.  Unless AMD has screwed up royally, the ARM
security-processor-thingy is pretty much invisible to the end-user.

> However, I'm sure this is not the kind of ARM James' been looking
> for.

I assumed not.

I'd love to have an Arm based laptop, but getting full-up Linux
running reliably on a Chromebook is just a bit over my hassle budget.
I also want it to have a 16" 4:3 150dpi display, an RJ45 Ethernet
connector, and a real DB9 serial port.  I'll pass on the built in POTS
modem...

--
Grant