On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 14:38:38 -0500, Jack wrote:

> The problem I have with many of these suggestions is that I have
> multiple devices (two desktops, two laptops, tablet, android phone) I
> use sufficiently often that I either need to be able to remember the
> passwords or have some way of easily accessing them when I'm not
> sitting at my main desktop.  Other than using a password manager
> (which I do not currently have) how to others deal with this?

If you don't want to use an online passwrd manager like LastPass, you
could use a local solution. I use KeePassX, which is available for Linux
and Android (and some minority OSes). It stores the passwords in an
encrypted database file, protected by a master password. As it's a single
file it is easy enough to keep this synchronised between devices. I
initially did this with DropBox but soon switched to Syncthing.

It's just another file to keep synchronised between devices, so use
whatever method you already use for that purpose.

--
Neil Bothwick

You are about to give someone a piece of your mind,
something you can ill afford...