On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 02:21:26PM -0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> I'm looking for a command-line tool to crop a multi-page PDF document.
>
> I want to specify the crop window on the command line.
>
> I don't want it to automagically remove all of the marginal
> whitespace.
>
> I don't want GUI where I have to draw a box.

How about pdfcrop from app-text/texlive-core ?  It allows you  manually  specify
many things, although it does, inevitably, increase the file size for  documents
with many pages.

> Google has found various references to 'croppdf' which is included in
> a package of texlive extra utilities on Ubuntu.  Gentoo seems have 38
> different 'texlive' ebuilds.  Is there any way to tell which (if any)
> contains croppdf?

You can use the e-file command from app-portage/pfl to check  which  package  in
Portage provides a specific  file---including  binaries.   Emerge  pfl  and  run
`e-file pdfcrop`.

--

Ashley Dixon
suugaku.co.uk