On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 03:26:37PM +0100, Ashley Dixon wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 02:21:26PM -0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> > I'm looking for a command-line tool to crop a multi-page PDF document.
> >
> > I want to specify the crop window on the command line.
> >
> > I don't want it to automagically remove all of the marginal
> > whitespace.
> >
> > I don't want GUI where I have to draw a box.
>
> How about pdfcrop from app-text/texlive-core ?  It allows you  manually
> specify
> many things, although it does, inevitably, increase the file size for
> documents
> with many pages.

There is also [1], which is a slightly improved version of  Oberdiek's  pdfcrop.
It uses pure GhostScript and Perl to work around some of the caveats of pdfcrop,
including  preserving  interactive  content  (such  as  hyperref  links  in  TeX
documents) and allowing you to avoid emerging the huge texlive-core package  for
one small utility.

[1] https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/42259/

--

Ashley Dixon