Hi Raffaele,

may be this could give some insight of was is happening.

You said, you are able to ssh into your PC.
I would try the following: Boot the PC, ssh into it and disable the
start of X. Boot again: Are you getting the console login
successfully?

Can you check, whether /dev , /proc , /sys and other directories of a
special function are created and filled correctly?
Are the permissions ok?
Is /run available and setup correctly?

Are there any leftovers from the root@hd in /etc/fstab?

If you get to console successfully, is it possible to start X from
the commandline? What is printed on the terminal?
What does X.log say?

Hopefully we will find something to fix that problem!

Cheers!
Meino