Morning all,

My ~amd64 system uses partitions 1 to 18 on /dev/nvme0n1, and it has two SATA
disks as well, for various purposes. Today, after I'd taken the system down
for its weekly backup (I tar all the partitions to a USB disk) and started up
again, invoking gparted to look around, libparted spat out a list of
partitions from 19 to 128 which, it said, "have been written but we have been
unable to inform the kernel of the change..."

I remerged gparted, parted, libparted and udisks, then booted another system
and ran fsck -f on all the partitions from 4 to 18 - those that this system
uses - and rebooted. No change - the same complaint from libparted.

I get a similar complaint about /dev/sda.

Those errors are repeated once.

Is this a terminal condition? I could repartition and restore from backup, but
I hope someone can offer a clue before I resort to that.

--
Regards,
Peter.