On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 1:57 PM Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> I too stick to stable sources, partly for the reason you give, partly to
> avoid excessive reboots and partly because some systems use ZFS.
>
>  % cat /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords/kernel
> sys-kernel/gentoo-sources -~amd64
> sys-kernel/linux-headers -~amd64
>
> Works for me.

Uh, that will pull unstable kernels, at least as far as Gentoo is
concerned.  They're basically all stable as far as upstream is
concerned.

I also run zfs just about everywhere so I tend to stick to longterm
kernels.  I just pull them directly from git - there is a stable repo
and a branch for every longterm, so all I need to do is a git pull and
I get the latest one.  I tend to like to manage this myself on systems
where I'm using zfs, btrfs, or nvidia binary modules.

--
Rich