On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 16:58:30 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:

> > I too stick to stable sources, partly for the reason you give, partly
> > to avoid excessive reboots and partly because some systems use ZFS.
> >
> >  % cat /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords/kernel
> > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources -~amd64
> > sys-kernel/linux-headers -~amd64
> >
> > Works for me.
>
> Uh, that will pull unstable kernels, at least as far as Gentoo is
> concerned.  They're basically all stable as far as upstream is
> concerned.

Not at all, it says "-~amd64" not "~amd64", removing the ~amd64 setting
that is used as default.

The latest kernel I have installed is 5.4.66, which is the latest:

% qlist -ICv gentoo-sources
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-5.4.66
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-5.4.60

--
Neil Bothwick

Sigh - An amplifier for people who suffer in silence