On Sun, 06 Dec 2020 10:45:38 +0000, Michael wrote:

> Given M.Orlitzky's comments and discussions with systemd devs he
> shared, what's the optimal solution for OpenRC users, who want to avoid
> systemd?

systemd-tmpfiles != systemd. Despite the claims that systemd is
monolithic, it is not. It is an ecosystem comprised of many parts, some
of which can be used without any other systemd components, like
systemd-tmpfiles and systemd-boot, not to mention udev.

Maybe the devs need to rename the systemd-tmpfiles package to satisfy
those that break out in a sweat at the mention of the s-word :)

--
Neil Bothwick

I can't walk on water, but I can stagger on alcohol.