Before switching to the new board I'd check the USB controller and possibly the
video controller of the new board and if required build a kernel with those
modules ready for the swap. Other than that you might want to check that both
mainboards are configured for the same boot system (UEFI vs MBR).

You might get a kernel panic if you don't arrange the SATA cables as they were
on the old board - unless you were already using UUID or similar in the
bootloader.