Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:36:17 -0500, Dale wrote:
>
>> Neil Bothwick wrote:

>>> Or the network. What are you using to copy? If you use rsync, you can
>>> make use the the --bwlimit option to reduce the speed and network
>>> load.
>>>

>> Reduce?  I wouldn't complain if it went faster.  I think it is about as
>> fast as it is going to get tho.
> And that may be contributing to the CPU usage. Slowing down the flow may
> make the comouter more usable, and you're never going to copy 26TB
> quickly, especially over ethernet.
>
>> While I'm not sure what is keeping me from copying as fast as the drives
>> themselves can go, I suspect it is the encryption.
> If you're copying over the network, that will be the limiting factor.

Someone posted some extra options to mount with and add to exports
file.  Those added options almost doubled the speed.  I watch gkrellm
and I think it is going about as fast as it can.  My problem is, some
software uses one unit to measure things while another uses something
else.  It makes it hard to figure out what is doing what.  Still, using
gkrellm which is something I'm used to watching when it comes to drive
read/write data, I think it is as good as it is going to get.  Not that
I'm not open to trying other options that might speed things up.  I
still think encryption is slowing it down some.  As you say tho,
ethernet isn't helping which is why I may look into other options later,
faster ethernet or fiber if I can find something cheap enough.

My new CPU cooler is on it's way.  I'm picking up the smaller stuff at
times.  I couldn't pass up a good deal on that CPU cooler.  The big
spend is CPU, mobo and memory.  Oh, that MASSIVE case too.  O_O

Dale

:-)  :-)