On 16/10/2023 08:51, Dale wrote:
Anyone here have ideas?  Keep in mind, that thing uses systemd.  I thought I hated that before.  I truly hate that thing now.  Trying to figure out how to restart something is like pulling teeth with no pain meds.

systemctl restart servicename?

I like systemd, but given my battles with other stuff, I feel your pain. Having had to WRITE a service file, though, oh I'm so glad I wasn't messing with SystemV or stuff like that!

Just be warned - I feel about apt stuff just like you feel about systemd ...

But anyways. Does your hard disk kernel have the appropriate module for the network card loaded? I can't remember the name of the systemd networking service, but did you "systemctl enable" it?

Oh, and I think it fires up DHCP by default so you don;'t need to enable any of that stuff.

Hopefully those tips will get you somewhere - this is what I remember from enabling systemd on gentoo...

Cheers,
Wol