On 2023-10-17, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I to find Gentoo to be much better documented. There were places where
> the old BIOS and efi info got a little confusing but eventually I
> figured it out. I been trying to think of a way to color code the docs
> but I can't figure out a sensible way. You got BIOS and efi, openrc and
> systemd and several other smaller things that one has to decide on and
> take different steps. One would run out of colors or the colors
> themselves would get confusing. I can't think of a better way.

In theory, a wee bit of CSS and Javascript along with some radio
buttons would allow the reader to make a few choices and then see
an installation manual that only shows the relevent sections.

I still miss being able to view the installation manual as a single
HTML page. I find the "chopped up" format difficult to use: I can't
easily search for things, and the bit I'm looking for never seems to
be in the section where I think it's going to be.

--
Grant