On Sat, 6 Jan 2024 20:09:37 -0700
the...@sys-concept.com wrote:

> I installed openssh server on Windows 11 and tried to ssh to it using the
> id_rsa.pub key
> but I didn't have luck.  I copied the key to .ssh\authorized_keys file.
> On linux the last line ending with "\"  on Windows Notepad replaces it with
> the "+" sign.
>
> ssh with password is working  but windows doesn't recognize the public key or
> maybe it is wrong directory  C:\Users\Garry Server\.ssh\authorized_keys

If ssh with password is working, did you try letting ssh decide for the
correct location for your ssh key via ssh-copy-id:
ssh-copy-id -i ~/.ssh/my_key usern...@example.com

First time it will of course log in via password, but any further login
should use the ssh key.

If the key is still not accepted, have you tried a different ssh key
type (e.g. ed25519). Maybe the server rejects RSA keys?