I need to set up some sort of automated backup on a couple Gentoo
machines (typical desktop software development and home use). One of
them used rsnapshot in the past but the crontab entries that drove
that have vanished :/ (presumably during a reinstall or upgrade --
IIRC, it took a fair bit of trial and error to get the crontab entries
figured out).

I believe rsnapshot ran nightly and kept daily snapshots for a week,
weekly snapshots for a month, and monthly snapshots for a couple
years.

Are there other backup solutions that people would like to suggest I
look at to replace rsnapshot?  I was happy enough with rsnapshot (when
it was running), but perhaps there's something else I should consider?

--
Grant