I have a lot of drives like that.  Simplest solution is to cut the orange wire
on the drive power cable.  Only down side is that some ssd may require the 3.3V
power so you might not want to modify all the power cables.  I just had to do
this so my sas drives would spin up.  Before I did it the drives didn't even
show up in the bios.  (and I just got 10 of these used, they are going into a
raid 6 array+spares).  I've been making this mod for over 10 years.

--"Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their
political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political
democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege."
Tommy Douglas

May 9, 2024, 15:12 by rdalek1...@gmail.com: