Robert Crawford wrote:

>Correct. Just to be sure, do emerge -up kde first, and if NS (new slot) is
>before each kde package, you're ready to go. Also it's a good idea to do a :
>
>cp -a /home/user/.kde3.4 .kde.old
>
>for a backup of your user configs. Maybe also back up a few config files
>in /usr/kde/3.4/share/config.  Really, upgrading to 3.5 is painless and
>simple.
>
>Robert Crawford

Thanks for the info.  That was the way they did it in the past but I
wanted to make sure, you know, before I borked it up really bad.  If I'm
going to screw it up, I may as well know I'm going to do it good.  LOL
Those back-ups sounds like a good idea.  I think it did it itself last
time though.  It was there at least and I didn't do it.  I was ignorant
then.

Now to get OOo downloaded.  My ISP kicks me offline after 6 hours.  I'm
trying another number to see if it is any better.  If they don't fix it,
I may end up switching.  It's starting to get old.  I sent them a email
but have not heard back.  May have to call them.  They are just up the
street so I can go eye to eye if needed.  Hit them with a hammer to get
their attention.  o_O  Hit the server to if needed.  LOL

Dale
:-)

--
To err is human, I'm most certainly human.