I've recently experienced a bizarre failure... and I wondered if anyone else has experienced something similar or has a suggestion to avoid a similar annoyance in future.

I run fetchmail to poll 3 servers every minute... and while this has worked fine for weeks, last night it froze at 2am and stopped polling. When I killed the fetchmail process and ran fetchmail again this afternoon, things jumped to life again and appear back to normal... but I wished I didn't have to make the manual intervention. Fetchmail is version "6.2.5.2+RPA+NTLM+SDPS+SSL+INET6+NLS" from portage and has the following in ~/.fetchmailrc

--
set postmaster "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
set no bouncemail
set no spambounce
set logfile .fetchmail.log
set properties ""
set daemon 60
poll pop3.host1.net with proto POP3
user 'user1' there with password 'pass1' is 'me' here options stripcr
poll pop3.host1.net with proto POP3
user 'user2' there with password 'pass2' is 'me' here options stripcr
poll mail.host2.org with proto POP3
user 'user3' there with password 'pass3' is 'me' here with options stripcr
--
The tail of the trace file read: