to get the most out of kde run the following commands :

emerge -C kde
emerge gnome-lite

:P

ok flame away

On 1/20/06, Ryan Viljoen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I use Fluxbox but have been experimenting with KDE 3.5. I must say I
really like it however it is not the complete KDE I emerged all the
apps that I use and then emerged kdebase so I have the very very basic
KDE system without all the other rubbish and bloatware that you get.
KDE detects all my installed software and sorts out the menu and all.

Fluxbox for speed and simplicity and KDE for eyecandy (can lag a bit).
I despise gnome, I find it to be particularly backwards and I have not
found a nice looking gnome desktop as of yet compared to soem of the
KDE and fluxbox desktops around.

Anyway my 2cents.

--
Ryan Viljoen Bsc(Eng) (Electrical)

"Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable."
  - Mark Twain