On Sunday 05 February 2006 12:36, Daniel Pielmeier
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Problem
with kernel 2.6.15-gentoo-r1, nvidia-driver and fbsplash, splashutils':
> Yes of course, i have to recompile a few apps after each kernel update
> including svgalib alsa-driver and nvidia-kernel.

Check out sys-kernel/module-rebuild; I've got it installed and rebuilding
all the kernel modules I have that aren't provided by the kernel is as
easy as fixing my /usr/src/linux symlink and running module-rebuild -X
rebuild (generally done /before/ rebooting).

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]